Dambimangari Aboriginal Corporation is a mainly self - funded organisation representing the Worrorra Traditional owners based in Derby whose traditional land and sea country is along the West and Northern coast and hinterland of the West Kimberley. Dambimangari run a Ranger Program employing up to twelve Rangers which is focussed on doing work on our land and sea country to maintain and protect our culture, the environment and significant number of Dambimangari special sites.
We are looking to employ a suitable person to fill the position of Ranger Coordinator to work with our Rangers and manage all aspects of this program and support the work of our IPA / Healthy Country Coordinator and reporting to the CEO and our Board of Directors.
This position offers an annual salary from $78,187 to $85,209 dependant on qualifications and skills of the successful applicant and includes 50 % rental subsidy and five weeks annual leave and airfare.
Objectives of position:
- Provide the day to day management and coordination of the Dambimangari Ranger Group;
- Coordinate the delivery and implementation of the Ranger annual work plan in consultation with the CEO, Board of Directors, IPA Coordinator and Traditional Owners, for the protection and promotion of the natural and cultural environment;
- Support Rangers to complete training, including conservation Land Management, fire management, marine safety and other relevant courses and training.
- Liaise with the CEO and Board of Directors for Dambimangari and provide quarterly reports on all Ranger based activities.
- Build upon relationships with other Ranger Programs working within the Kimberley Region and the relevant organisations such as the Kimberley Land Council and the Department of Parks and Wildlife.
Manage and report to the CEO in relation to the Dambimangari Ranger budget and explore further opportunity for the Dambimangari Rangers to be an active, reliable and skilled resource for the Dambimangari community.
Expressions of Interest (Please include resume) and request for further information can be obtained by email, address as above, or by contacting Peter McCumstie on 08 91912383, mobile/ 0488238388. The closing date for applications is the 21st September 2016.
For a position description please click here